From our friend Chef Taffiny Elrod, we bring you this delicious and keto-friendly twist on the classic chocolate pannacotta. From Chef Elrod:
A play on chocolate panna cotta this dessert is creamier and a bit denser. Made rich with plenty of Cocopolo dark chocolate and lightened by the subtle tang of Peak triple cream yogurt, it is evocative of good chocolate cheesecake yet much easier to make.
Prepare it in advance for a special occasion or make it just to have on hand for a treat or even an unusual breakfast. It pairs perfectly with a good cup of coffee.
2 teaspoons gelatin powder
6 ounces cold, unsweetened nut milk
8 ounces heavy cream
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
7 ounces Cocopolo 70% dark chocolate morsels
5 ounces plain Peak triple cream yogurt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Optional 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia (I used chocolate-raspberry sweet leaf stevia)
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the surface of the cold nut milk and set aside to soften
- Combine the heavy cream and sea salt and heat just until it comes to a boil.
- Remove the cream from the heat and add the chocolate all at once.
- Allow the chocolate to sit in the cream undisturbed for one minute to melt. Then gently whisk the chocolate and the cream to mix completely.
- Add the yogurt and the vanilla extract and the optional stevia if you are using it. Whisk or mix until completely combined.
- Divide the mixture among six small cups or ramekins. Cover them loosely and chill at least four hours.
- Serve topped with more peak yogurt, slightly sweetened or whipped cream, and raspberries or chocolate shavings.